If you need certain documents translated into a foreign language, your first question is probably whether you need a court interpreter or not. The reason is simple – regular translations cost less money and are quickly finished. However, this kind of translation often lacks the expertise and faithfulness to the original and it also can’t be used in any official communication with state institutions. Therefore, if you require a high-level translation that will be used in official procedurings, in most cases you will require a court interpreter.

Just to make one thing clear. The court interpreter is a professional, licensed by the Ministry of Justice, so every translation that has been verified by a court interpreter becomes an official legal document that can be used for its intended purpose. Moreover, the court interpreters aren’t only people with comprehensive knowledge of their languages, but also experts in the areas for which they do translations.

So let’s take a look at the most common types of translations and which of them require a court interpreter.

Translating personal documentation

Personal documentation is usually translated for the purpose of college enrollment, employment or obtaining a visa in a foreign country. In each of these cases, you will be communicating with official institutions of the foreign country, so you will need documents translated and verified by a court interpreter.

However, if you are only sending your CV, for example, in order to apply for a work position in a foreign country, then your CV can be translated by a regular translator.

Business documentation

This type of documentation includes various contracts, certificates, patents and similar documents that contain confidential information.

Business documents that require translation are usually used to participate in tenders, make business agreements and sign partnerships, expand your business or trade…in other word, there is no room for mistake and therefore you will require the services of a court interpreter.

Medical documentation

When it comes to translating medical documentation, there are cases when you absolutely need a court interpreter as well as those that can be handled by a regular translator.

For example, regular translations can be used when translating preliminary communication with doctors from abroad. However, in order to be sure that all the information from your discharge list and other medical documentation is completely accurate, the doctors usually ask that the translation has a court interpreter’s verification.

Translating advertisement material

When it comes to translating various promotional materials like brochures, catalogues, reports, technical documentation…there is no need for a court interpreter.

Of course, that doesn’t mean that these documents and materials will get an inferior translation. On the contrary, promotional material directly “speak” to the customers, potential business associates and end users and therefore represent you directly. This is why it’s important that these materials have the best possible translation.

Regardless of whether you need translations with or without a court interpreter’s seal, the translation agency Alfa translation is there for you. All you need to do is contact us and we will adjust to your needs and provide the best possible translations for your documents.

Contact us and get a free price estimation for your translations